Cannot see Moo Moonlet surface

Electroely
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

image.thumb.png.777eefd7ddabbd0c3da1d183b56a6915.png

I visit the moo moonlet and this is what I see. I don't think it's possible for me to land on the planet without sandbox...

I will include my save file.

The Subterranean Beyond.sav

Steps to Reproduce

1. Discover moo moonlet on cycle 377?

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

And some additional information concerning the same bug:

If someone tries to land on the Moo moonlet after several hundred cycles of mooteor showering, that doesn't seem to be possible

Share this comment

This happens to me almost every playthrough, as I am usually very slow to expand to the exoplanets. This time around it actually happened to me for the marsh planet (the one with the resin tree). Not sure why it happened here, as it can't be the mooteor showers. If it's an abundance of gas, perhaps it's due to off-gassing of the slime and polluted water?

I eventually did force my way through using debug tools (not sandbox) by temporarily enabling them by typing "kleiplay" at the main menu, then once in, selecting the dupe you were going to send in on the trailblazer, going to the surface of the planet, and hitting "alt-Q" that teleports the dupe to your cursor's position. Apparently this doesn't even actually do the teleport, as that seems to have issues with cross-world teleportation, but what it DOES do, however, is reveal that part of the map, allowing you to land the trailblazer there. After that, just save and restart the game (to disable debug). Because this is done with debug, and not sandbox, you don't have to enable sandbox on your save file to do this workaround.

Edited by BallisticBuddha

Share this comment

@BallisticBuddha

Had the same happen couple days ago on a swampy metal astroid, with a crashed satellite.

Had done the same solution as you - which revealed a giant chunk of the map missing, in what is likely the path of the satellite. I wonder if the satellite generation had resulted in large chunks of the astroid being removed, resulting in no visible tiles.

Alternatively, it could be as you guess - sublimation resulted in the surface removing itself. After all, there was literal tons of mud on the surface when I landed.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

This will be fixed in Thursday's update. On existing saves you might need to use the Sandbox reveal tool to reveal the surface.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment