Brine is always giving 40C Water through Desalinator

ArunPrasath
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Brine is always giving 40C Water through Desalinator. We need it to give the output at the same temperature as the input. Salt Water is doing this already. so not clear why Brine is doing this

Also, we need the Electrolyzer to output gases at the same temperature as the input water temperature. At worst case, it should be some temperature higher than the input water (if we want to make the game harder). Giving flat 70C O2 and H2 is not right.

Steps to Reproduce

Self Explanatory 

• Like 1

User Feedback

I believe the Electrolyzer output temperature is intentional, but the desalinator one is indeed weird. I also believe it should have the same behaviour that salt water.

Share this comment

I think the bug might be that the salt water is intended to be heated too.  The Desalinator produces a tremendous amount of heat, so I'm not surprised it heats liquids.

It's not too bad thought.  If you run the input and output through a heat-exchanger, you can drop the output temp to around the average of the input and 40C, which is usually cool enough for most applications.

Share this comment

Giving flat 70C O2 and H2 is not right.

Found this about Alkaline electrolizers on the web:
Alkaline electrolyzers work well at operating temperatures between 25 – 100 °C and pressures of 1 – 30 bar respectively.

I guess the output of flat 70C somewhat realistic.

Share this comment