Aluminum volcano turns water into supercool ice on eruption.

fenixas
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Encoutered a bug where aluminium volcano produces supercooled ice from my water, when errupting. The volcano also produces hot aluminum, but the water turning to -255C ice destroys the heat in total.

This is a second aluminum volcano on the same planetoid. I have the first volcano tamed with the exact same setup and it works.

Save file is 5.19MB so can't attach it directly.
https://we.tl/t-qkGcIdJRWm

ONI ice bug.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Steps to reproduce:
1.Dig out aluminum volcano.
2.Have a researcher analyze volcano
3. Build insulated igneous tiles around it. Clear rubble.
4. Vacuum the room and fill with water 400kgs per tile x 12tiles = 4800kgs of water total.
5. Wait for erruption.
6. ~1600kgs of my 25C water turns to -255C ice on the first erruption.
7. Water gets turned into ice on every erruption. Approx 10kgs of ice creates per game tick.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This bug seems to be around for a while

Spoiler

I assume it is a sim bug because gas/liquid don't change properly either in the area it happens. I haven't been able to reproduce it though so I also assume it happens after a save at a specific moment or something, like the "steam vanishing" bug

Edited by sakura_sk
added one more bug report
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I wonder if this is happening because the game is somehow exchanging heat with a vacuum when it shouldn't.

Share this comment

I can also confirm this problem on other types of volcanos. The conversion to super cool ice happened to me both on a Niobium volcano and a Copper volcano.

Share this comment

Add me to the list of people encountering this issue, this time on a Gold Volcano. As with others, it is near the right edge of the asteroid.

184352096_afterstarterruption.thumb.png.a344d0952fecdef467d977f1934d60f8.png

Here is a save file before uncovering the offending Gold Volcano. On the Sylvini Asteroid, you'll notice a Gold Volcano already tamed and working as expected near the middle. Toward the right, there is the offending Gold Volcano not yet uncovered.

Loveliest Pit Cycle 484.sav

After putting a stack of salt water / polluted water / water liquids and uncovering it, disaster struck, as some of the liquids got freezed, it messed up the atmosphere and all over just failed, despite using the exact same design as the other one:

Loveliest Pit Cycle 491.sav

• Like 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

This should be fixed in the next update. A save/load is required. Thanks for the report.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

51 minutes ago, sherryniles said:

I am in my current game.

testing branch? This is mentioned as fixed in the current testing branch. It's not on the live version of the game yet

Share this comment