Wire cannot be repaired with a different material

OverCraft
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

If you build a wire with copper ore, later on the game when you dont have coppen anymore, you cannot repair the wire with other material of the 3 it can be used. Also you cannot  build another wire on top. You have to unconstruct it, then construct it with the new material. It will be great if you could fix it.

Steps to Reproduce
Wait for a wire to be broken, then try to repair with a different material that you create with and you not longet have it.

User Feedback

I don't think this is a bug, why would you think so? That's like saying "oh I ran out of water, lets use liquid oxygen"

Like if you could use steel to repair copper wires, is the wire now steel or copper and what happens to the copper left over?

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

I don't think this is a bug, why would you think so? That's like saying "oh I ran out of water, lets use liquid oxygen"

Because you can wait forever untill you discover that they are not reparing the wires because you dont have copper anymore, and you have to rebuild your base just for the bug it doesnt take the next material that can be used for repair too, and you have your wires with multiple different materials everywhere. At least it can let you choose a different material, auto use the most common at your base or whatever solution different from do nothing.

Edited by OverCraft

Share this comment

Just now, OverCraft said:

Because you can wait forever untill you discover that they are not reparing the wires because you dont have copper anymore, and you have to rebuild your base just for the bug it doesnt take the next material that can be used for repair too. At least it can let you choose a different material, auto use the most common at your base or whatever solution different from do nothing.

It's a pain yes but not a bug, post in the suggestions forums.

Share this comment

Just now, AlexRou said:

It's a pain yes but not a bug, post in the suggestions forums.

On my understanding its a bug, let devs decide.

Share this comment