When Painting With Oxygen, It Destorys Tiles

_ZachAttack_
  • Pending

Version: 210489(debug)

For those of you who don't know how to paint resources into your world, you need to open up Word (or any typing application) and save it as debug_enable.txt and then put it in the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder. Make sure you don't write anything in the document. Assuming you didn't change the location when you downloaded Oxygen Not Included, the directory is as follows, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data

Now to enable debug mode, press Shift+F4 to be able to build any building, even if you haven't unlocked it, and Backspace to go to the paint GUI. You can choose which element/compound to paint as well as the mass and temperature. By default, the option "Affect Buildings" is checked. I unchecked it after building a base so I could add in oxygen while I tried to figure out an oxygen production system. I went over the tiles into other rooms, as it would be less time consuming. It then replaced my tiles with oxygen.

Steps to Reproduce
Save a .txt file as debug_enable and put it in the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder (Default directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data ). Enable the paint GUI (Backspace) and uncheck "Affect Buildings." Select oxygen as the element and paint over tiles.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Why would you think the devs would change a debug function that is not meant for players to play around with?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, AlexRou said:

Why would you think the devs would change a debug function that is not meant for players to play around with?

It is still a bug either way. When "Affect Buildings" is unchecked, it is SUPPOSED to not destroy buildings, but it does. Just because not many people will play with settings, doesn't mean a bug within them is any less important.

Share this comment

Just now, _ZachAttack_ said:

It is still a bug either way. When "Affect Buildings" is unchecked, it is SUPPOSED to not destroy buildings, but it does. Just because not many people will play with settings, doesn't mean a bug within them is any less important.

Yeah but its a feature only meant for the devs to use, so if it doesn't bother them its not likely to change.

Share this comment

Just now, AlexRou said:

Yeah but its a feature only meant for the devs to use, so if it doesn't bother them its not likely to change.

Again, still a bug. A bug tracker is for bugs, no matter how small or big or where they are.

Share this comment

Cool, indeed a bug. :) Thanks for letting us know, but unfortunately we will not be making any changes to the existing debug tools. 

Share this comment