water/contaminated water comming from no where

mr peeps
  • Pending

Ok, so I've been playing for a little while now. Before the thermal update, my plumbing systems were perfect. They worked fine. Now, with the new update, I suddenly had blocked pipes. So after a while, I deconstructed most of the pipes and replaced them with empty pipes. All of a sudden, a few minutes later, their all full again. I've probably destroyed all my pipes, and there's still water. (also its a closed system, so there's no more flow into it) 

Thanks and also great game!

Steps to Reproduce
Just build a closed water system for toilets and showers that purifies the contaminated water, sends it through again, and so on.

User Feedback

Lavatories generate more contaminated water than the water they use, so eventually your plumbing will fill up and stop moving unless you have an outlet for the extra contaminated water.  I assume the extra water is supposed to represent the dupe's 'contribution' to the system.

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Raital said:

Lavatories generate more contaminated water than the water they use, so eventually your plumbing will fill up and stop moving unless you have an outlet for the extra contaminated water.  I assume the extra water is supposed to represent the dupe's 'contribution' to the system.

Nope. They are suppose to convert all of their 5kg storage into polluted water.
(Looking over it now and it appears to making some stupid assumptions but unlikely to be wrong.)

Share this comment

Looking at the toilet now, it can only operate if there is water waiting at the input.
Only way to have water waiting is for the storage to be full.
Can't have anything else waiting besides water because the consumer will force the toilet to break.

So the assumptions are stupid but there is no way to have it operate incorrectly.

Edit: Looking over at the configuration now and I see they actually did change it. Surprise.
Takes in 5 kg of water but actually does produce 11.7 kg of polluted water.
Don't recall this being mentioned, so stealth update!

Edited by Risu

Share this comment