Water / Pipe Bug

NonFat
  • Known Issue

This is a strange one.

I made a liquid vent, placed a valve in front of it, and then connected it directly to a pump

Liquid was going up the pipe and hitting the valve. it looked like liquid was going into the void, aka lots of 10k chunks going in and 1k chunks coming out slower than it was going in.

I turned off the pump and something strange happened.  Liquid in the pipe kept flowing, and more kept being added to the pipe out of nowhere.

I made a save file and hope that this will help

Bug.sav

Steps to Reproduce
see description,

User Feedback

Yeah, water doesn't seem to... flow... through pipes. I tried to use a liquid pump, pipes and valve to transfer water from one area to another, both "wild" water sources initially, one was modified to be a reservoir of sorts, but... yeah. The water didn't transfer. Like, at all. It was irritating. 

Share this comment

I don't see a bug here. Are you paying attention to the amount in each packet?
The packet in the far back is slowly sending its mass to the front line.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Risu said:

I don't see a bug here. Are you paying attention to the amount in each packet?
The packet in the far back is slowly sending its mass to the front line.

Well, from my perspective, it looked like more water was pumped into the pipe than the pipe can hold, and the valve made something funky happen, where the water in the pipe before the valve was flowing back on itself trying to get out, and as the valve slowly let out some it slowly moved up.....

just before the water before a valve would be filled up but static, and once there was room in the valve it would take 1 step forward, then wait again....

Share this comment

This is more of a visual error than a game bug, no water is lost to the valve. Water are still being reduced according to the number you set in your value except is being deducted from the last water packet in the pipe.

Share this comment

I play the game with the version like show in attachment.

I build a gas pipe with filter to filter the hydrogen, but have a bugs where the filter is working, meanwhile the pump error with "pipe blocked". Please help.

59a70c8502d02_Untitledd.thumb.png.ce33de2d041c63133f9f58e5b7df0064.png20170831_024919_001.mp4

Share this comment

Hey all an easy way to fix this is to save and immediately re-load.  When you re-load everything will be working again.

Useful until a fix.

Edited by Quigleyer

Share this comment