Water not running through pipes consistently

Phoenixell
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I initially built a pipe running through my hydroponic farms to irrigate my bristle berries. It was working great for about 20-30 cycles, and nothing new was added to the pipeline, but suddenly water stopped flowing to some of my plants. What is weird is that it actually was still flowing to the first few, and not the rest. I even tried rebuilding the pipe with no difference. Ive encountered this problem several times before, each with varying situations but no consistent problem. 

The only other thing worth mentioning here is that I've actually run way more hydroponic farms off of one pump before and this problem hasn't occurred. Easily 3 times the amount I'm running off of the pump shown, which makes me think this isn't a problem of overworking the pump...

oni help 3.JPG

oni help 4.JPG

The Swanky Cesspool.sav

Steps to Reproduce
There isn't a noticeable pattern of playing that causes the problem, otherwise I may have been able to fix it.

User Feedback

I had the same problem with my bristle berries hydroponic farm. I'll screenshot that later if it can help.

At the start, all was working well with 2 hydroponic farm (one with bristle berries and one with licewood) and the bathroom (lavatory, shower and sink).

I noticed the water was not reaching correctly the last hydroponic blocks only in the bristle berries (at the end only the two first blocks were correctly irrigated) after I extended my water circuit to provide water to a carbon skimmer. If I recall correctly, the problem started even before the skimmer was built (I noticed it when a water bridge before the skimmer was built).

To circumvent the issue, I had to build the water pipes one block over the hydroponic blocks and supply each of them with a separate water pipe instead of one going from one block to the last.

Share this comment

I've seen this bug come up a few times, and there's a logical and simple workaround. When connecting buildings together, linking inputs directly into another buildings inputs can confuse the liquids (or gas pipes) for which direction it needs to flow. I usually connect my pipes to hydroponics from a "spine" pipe, branching to each building input individually, and it works perfectly.

Example:

fasdffdsasdf.thumb.png.4385da49c9b70ab061f0c131c334a024.png

• Like 1

Share this comment