Water inside the Lavatories doesn't exchange heat with it

Gnarmaw
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Unlike the water inside the Hydroponic tiles, water inside the Lavatories doesn't exchangethe heat with it's container.

In the picture I included, all 3 Lavatories are fed from the same source of hot water around 80°C using the Abyssalite Insulated Pipes, the left Lavatory is inside the Oxygen atmosphere and the water is exchanging the heat with Oxygen, the middle Lavatory is in vacuum built on the Gold Metal Tiles which exchange the heat with the water, the rightmost Lavatory is also in vacuum but is built on Insulated Abyssalite Tiles. The water inside the third Lavatory is not exchanging heat with anything.

In the second picture I attached, a Hydroponic Tile fed from the same source of hot water, built on Abyssalite Insulated Tiles in vacuum, Hydroponic tile however exchanged the heat with the water.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Sinks have the same properties

tempbug.PNG

tempbug2.PNG

Steps to Reproduce
Build Lavatory in vacuum on Abyssalite Insulated Tiles, feed it with hot water, observe as the Lavatory is not heating up
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Only buildings with unpassable tiles can exchange heat with their own contents directly.

Everything else exchanges heat indirectly, through the medium it is in.

I assume this is a design choice, for efficiency. The number of edge cases where this would matter is tiny.

• Like 1

Share this comment

This is because there is no heat exchange between them.

IIRC it will still let out ph20 at the same temp that it went in.

Share this comment