Visible entities which do not really exist??

oni_addict
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi all,

The game tends to lag for me, and when this happens the action I was about to do may have undesirable consequences. Just now I was about to place a 2 tile automation wire, and due to lag the wire got placed all over the room.

Now the strange thing, the wire blueprint cannot be cancelled or clicked upon. It is visible, but not really there. Strange...?

image.thumb.png.77499084eeb15744baf6f6e4c9d781ad.png

Steps to Reproduce
Just play the game and have some lag
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Its visual, and this happens for example if you draw something and cancel, but the system is already at heavy load. The overlay will remain, because the system is too busy and cancels the draw-removal for any reason. It stays until reload.

• Like 1

Share this comment

You are correct. Returning to main menu and reloading the save solves this problem.

The lag however is starting to get ridiculous when you get above cycle 700 and these issues become more common. I had issued a deconstruction order on 1 building yesterday when lag happend. Before I knew it the dupes where tearing the base apart and deconstructing buildings, tiles and ladders all over the place because the deconstruction order got placed all over. That isn't fun at all...

Share this comment

On 1/25/2020 at 7:39 AM, oni_addict said:

Before I knew it the dupes where tearing the base apart and deconstructing buildings, tiles and ladders all over the place because the deconstruction order got placed all over. That isn't fun at all...

That's a very unfortunate example. And I thought mine was bad: I ended up spending a lot of time laying out a whole new section of pipes, when adding the last section the auto-save happened an all of a sudden all my pipes are now connected due to this glitch and a section of pipe being drawn across the area. It took me about the same amount of time to cancel the wrong connections and redraw them again - this time on PAUSE.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Glad I'm not the only one with these unfortunate events. Looking at the forums it appears as if there's only one developer working on ONI. But I still have hope that Klei will optimize this game. But I suspect it may take a long time..

Share this comment