Unable to launch the game

Ystogan
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

It's been a while since i played oni, but with all the new patches i wanted to try a new run. It seems i can't open the actual game screen.

Things that happen:

when i try to launch the game from stream it starts up,

i see the icon,

i hear the login music,

but i can't open the window to actually play :/

Things i checked

Steam: completely updated the game

No problems for other game launches

Trying to launch in compatibility mode windows 8 , windows 7, windows vista service pack 2

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Just launch the game in steam.

User Feedback

32 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Please upload the game log from SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

Should be added to the topic post

Share this comment

Are you on windows 10 btw? There is a new bug on windows 10 and so far only nvidia users has a way to play in fullscreen.

I haven't seen anyone try windowed mode but it's worth a shot.

Open your steam library and right click on ONI then properties and you should see this menu:

image.thumb.png.c7851f3b0920faf5766d67294ca2146a.png

Click on Set Launch Options and enter the following:

image.png.f2fc4dc79d30c879e9596b7b7e18dd56.png

After hitting OK and closing the menu try to start ONI

Share this comment

Yes i play on windows 10. Can't remember if i played fullscreen or windowed. It seems this doesn't fix the issue though :/

Share this comment

it stay minimized when i startup the game. I can't acces anything.
It's like minimizing your browser. you can see the icon in your hotbar on the bottom but it won't open when i click on it.

Share this comment

Facing the same issue - can't see the game (menu), but can hear the music. And no, the suggested launch options by AlexRou don't work. It does show up a new ONI icon on the screen, but does not show the game. Left of icon, I can click and a red bar appears and it closes the game down.

This is on an Alienware 17 (2014) with Nivdia 880M, with the Windows 10 Fall Update (forced to install)

Share this comment

On 23-12-2017 at 3:51 PM, hthite said:

Facing the same issue - can't see the game (menu), but can hear the music. And no, the suggested launch options by AlexRou don't work. It does show up a new ONI icon on the screen, but does not show the game. Left of icon, I can click and a red bar appears and it closes the game down.

This is on an Alienware 17 (2014) with Nivdia 880M, with the Windows 10 Fall Update (forced to install)

Have you also noticed the actual symbol on oni is in the top left corner? I managed to drag it out and now i just have a blackscreen window... but it is a start.

Share this comment

Control Panel
Programs and Features
Turns Windows Features On and Off
Legacy Components-Direct Play (Check the box)    This is the only thing I have changed on my computer running windows 10, did it for a different game.  Someone tell me if this helps at all  I've been playing with my AMD graphics card in full screen no problem, not a hiccup from the update.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment