TU 211867: Dupes jumping through wall to deconstruct valve.

NovaAva
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I have a room of water enclosed with various permeable titles and ore/soil tiles in one of my games, with no access points for Dupes. When I opened the most recent save file I found two of my Dupes standing in the water. Further investigation revealed the Dupes had jumped through the "wall" upon world launch to reach a structure I had marked for deconstruction before my last save.

20170406100645_1.jpg

20170406100715_1.jpg

20170406100722_1.jpg

Bug Catcher.sav

Steps to Reproduce
- Enclose a room (of water?) with permeable tiles ("wall") and mineral tiles. - Run a ladder parallel to, and right next to, one of the vertical "walls" (maybe the ladder needs to be longer than the room is tall?). - Build/generate a structure (liquid valve?) within the enclosed room. - Left-click the structure and hit the "deconstruct" button. - Situate or wait for a Dupe to position themselves on the ladder a couple of tiles below the room. - Save game and exit. - Relaunch game and open save file. - Adjacent Dupe(s) will climb through the "wall" to reach the structure.

User Feedback

That's not a wall though. That's a gas permeable tile. Those have had quite a few bugs related to its cell collider.

Like as far as the simulator knows there is only a gas tile there and the game is telling the simulator to prevent liquids from flowing there. Quite possible that there is some code that is forgetting the cell collider check.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Risu said:

That's not a wall though. That's a gas permeable tile. Those have had quite a few bugs related to its cell collider.

Sorry, you're right! I personally consider them walls (of sorts), hence the mislabeling. I'll go back and fix that.

Share this comment