Transformers power consumption

hectorzx
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

If you connect more than 2 power transformer to a circuit, they all uses the watts from the biggest one.
The circuit should consume 2400, but it indicate that consumes 3100.
In power consumer section, you can see 4 of them consuming 720W.

transformer.png

Bug_transformers.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Connect more than 2 power transformer to a circuit
  • Like 2

User Feedback

This might explain the lack of power in my base. I have 6 natural gas generators, but barely any power. I have lots of transformers...

Share this comment

This bug is harder to notice when all your transformers are hooked up to almost full circuits.  Hook up 4-5 transformers with absolutely nothing on the other end, so that they should be zero, and it is quite noticeable when they start drawing 700 watts each.

Share this comment

This had me scratching my head for a bit.

I have a big high voltage circuit with all my generators and batteries connected to it, linked between all 8 floors of the colony. I then have a transformer breakout on every floor to supply a local low voltage circuit. I then got confused when all the batteries completely discharged. I then realised that every transformer showed as drawing 1000W, even when the draw on one low voltage circuit was only 240W. I changed the amount of transformers to 1 per 2 floors and all the batteries starting charging again.

I've had to put in some emergency hamster wheels and a secondary battery on the low voltage side to make sure the power never runs out as the hydrogen and natural gas generators are a bit intermittent.

Share this comment