Thermal Update: Air Pumps Stop Working Until Game Restart

Canada Ninja
  • Fixed

In the thermal update, as recently as March 26, occasionally air pumps would stop working and display the status "Not pumping." This was with power on and connected, full pressure at the pump end, and almost vacuum next to the exhaust vent (will all gas pipes properly connected as well). Deleting the pipes and adding another gas pump did not fix the problem (the new pump stopped working immediately as well). Once I restarted the game, the pumps immediately started running again. (Now to deal with the several hundred kilos of contaminated water that my dupes made while stressing over the lack of oxygen ;)). 

Steps to Reproduce
Connect a gas pump in a high oxygen pressure area (such as above an electrolyzer), and run a gas pipe and a vent outside the room to a low pressure area (possibly a vacuum). Allow it to run for a while (~20 minutes). The bug is random, so it may or may not stop pumping.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@Cheerio im agree with this . You dont need the save data because when game restart all work fine :)  try build 

pump >valve >output

then deconstruction  some pipe and replace it and you will see it

Share this comment

Do you think you could upload a save file of your exact setup? I've setup a pump/valve/output and tried deconstructing the pipes between the pump and the valve as well as the valve and the output and I can't seem to reproduce the issue.

Share this comment

I had this problem too.  It happens when you deconstruct and rebuild part of a gas pipe system.  You fix it by saving then loading.  

Share this comment

Sorry i cant im not in boarding house atm :( mybe some one read this have same problem can sahre they save files

send by phone

Edited by sai05

Share this comment

Just now, DarkD said:

I had this problem too.  It happens when you deconstruct and rebuild part of a gas pipe system.  You fix it by saving then loading.  

There you are ! Upload you save data now

Share this comment

I don't know if that will help, my base is massive and it hasn't happened in awhile.  I'm cycle 313.  I've actually been ignoring the problem whenever it came up since it only happened once in a blue moon and could be fixed simply by saving and loading.  I never bothered posting because I don't know how to recreate the problem.  

Land Where THAT Colony Happened.sav

Share this comment

I'm afraid that I'm at work, so I don't have the file with me. I'll upload the save when I get home, but it was working again at the last save (saving and restarting fixed it). This only happened once, but I figured I should let you know just in case someone else had the problem.

Share this comment

Finally managed to reproduce the issue. Thanks for the help everyone. We're looking into the issue.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Cool, finally I will not reload my game due to this issue (long term game requires a lot of time to reload)

Share this comment

Could you please let me know if you still get this issue after today's hotfix? It should be fixed in build#211704.

Share this comment