Thermal AquaTuner Using 1200 watts

pcm1980
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I tried using the aquatuners to cool water. Both of the units that I added are calling for 1200 watts of power each. I am assuming this is a mistake, lol. I doubt you would need two generators to power one aquatuner. I did reload the game and and tried rebuilding the aquatuner to see if anything fixed it but it was the same.

Steps to Reproduce
Build a Thermal Aquatuner with power and water supply.

User Feedback

@pcm1980 This is not a bug. The aquatuner is pretty strong, it's not supposed to be easy to power. It's as good at transferring heat as ten thermo regulators.

Share this comment

As Michi says, this is intended consideing what it can be used for (Cooling your base which is usually needed late game, and purifying water) i think 1200W is a small price to pay, plus its not exactly needed to be run 24/7, but if you want to 3 Hamster wheels can produce the energy if you can spare the manpower, then its free electricity.

Share this comment

My base kept dying of heat death before I could make a power plant that could run it. Now that they nerfed the heavy watt wires to be easier to put in put the ice biomes back a little closer it's hard to manage but not impossible.

Share this comment