The Water Purifier was not supplied with Sand

NullPointerExcptn
  • Pending

After building the Water Purifier, the dupes would not deliver Filtration Medium (for example sand) into it. I have other devices which need Filtration Medium too, like the Air Deoderizer. But in the second screenshot, the dupes would deliver sand into the Air Deoderizer. But they would not for the Water Purifier. After building it, I set its priority to 9. Then, I waited for two more cycles, but no one delivered any materials. I tried many methods to make it work, like reseting the priority, destructing it and rebuilding it, and saving and loading the save again. But none of them worked. I saw other people complaint about this problem too, but it hasn't been fixed. It is a good game with good designs, animations, and I hope that you guys can fix the problem, so that the game becomes more enjoyable (now because of the problem I cannot get any clean water, thus no bathroom, no shower, no clean oxygen from the electrolyzers). Thank you!

ONI_bug_Screenshots (2).png

ONI_bug_Screenshots (3).png

ONI_bug_Screenshots (1).png

Steps to Reproduce
Build a Water Purifier.

User Feedback

Water purifier needs completed piping system, and its storage need to have some contaminated water or else they wont deliver the sand to it. (since it doesnt need sand until that point)

Share this comment

Getting same water purifier issue as OP. Pipes are full with contaminated water going in and clean water going out correctly since it was working before. Have rebuilt the purifier unit, the wires & pipes. Dupes still not sending sand even though I have increased priority to 9. This has happened in new words as well. I notice it works at first then stops around cycle 68. I am on cycle 190 right now and dupes still ignore delivering sand. 

Share this comment

if you rotate your water filter you have to leave open space on both sides to have it delivered material, do not build up against walls as then dupes cannot access fill hatch Your problem here looks different.  Save file please.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

I have the same problem as the OP. The sieve is open on both sides, and is attached to a pump fully submerged in polluted water, while the exit is connected to an outflow (I checked this a few times). Still, it's been 2 or 3 cycles now and duplicants simply won't deliver medium (also like the OP, they deliver sand to the deoderizers, so quantity isn't an issue.) I'll attach screen shots and try and attach my save file as well.

image.thumb.png.20e01b8c055bd3b8f2d4c8696daf6a33.png (coughs I'm sorry I didn't realize it captured the extended screen and I can't remove it without more effort than I'm willing to put in)

image.thumb.png.0b394e346ac0e4739edd53c34e289090.png

Pipe Problems.sav

Share this comment