temperature issues

Screendog
  • Pending

i dont understand why a shower emits 70+ degrees when water temp is only 30, there is no power connected to a shower so its not heated and 70 degrees would burn the skin. 

Also replaced tiles with insulated tiles to reduce temp transmit ion to my mealwood farm and the insulated tiles give off more heat than ordinary tiles 40 degrees in some cases when air temp is only 25-30? 

i have also noticed decor items seem to give off weird temps 25-40 degrees with no real heat sources around to heat them up i have tried rebuilding them to see if it bugged or something but didn't work

insulated gas pipes have the same problem the pipe comes from the gas filter at 30 degrees but then magically hits 50 and goes right back down to 25.

temp issues.docx

Steps to Reproduce
general game play

User Feedback

Items and tiles that don't produce heat on their own keep the temperature of the material from which they were constructed. And keep it forever. Yes, it is weird. Having a planter box made out of 125 degrees clay killed my whole farm.

Share this comment

Yes, they should, but currently don't.

In my current game I gave up on building from granite and use only sandstone which comes only from your starting biome.

Share this comment

In the long run temperature kill your dupes. Not water, lack of oxygen or sand. High temp -> no plant -> no food. But if you crative you can find very cool areas in asteroids and magane farm there. Now you can be alive forever ;)

Share this comment

Planter box don't want to give their heat XD played next few days and the temperature doesn't change

20170309223849_1.jpg

Share this comment