Sweeper not consistently filling critter feeder

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The auto-sweeper will fill the critter feeder only once, 100 kg, and then stop. When the regolith/shove vole box is unchecked/checked, the auto-sweeper will add another 100 kg. When the capacity bar is increased on the critter feeder (even by a minor amount) the sweeper will place another 100 kg in the critter feeder and then stop.

HELP! My shove voles are starving! :p

The Incredible Space Hut.sav

20190311195423_1.thumb.jpg.180ed1b751ac8d8ad3732e96025808a7.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build an auto-sweeper next to a conveyor receptacle and a critter feeder. Wait until shove vole eats the regolith in the feeder. Sweeper will not consistently refill the feeder. Shove voles begin to starve :(

User Feedback

This could be the bug where critter feeders get entombed by regolith and then you clear that tile. That for some reason causes the feeder to become bugged. The way to go around the bug before they fix it is by rebuilding the feeder or reselecting regolith in it.

Share this comment

Hi @yoakenashi,

I took a look at your save file, and it looks to me like the issue in this case is that your dupes have picked up the delivery chore and are currently in the process of delivering, so the auto-sweeper is not doing that chore. If you look in the Errands tab of the Critter Feeder you can see if there are dupes currently doing the chore or not.  When there are no dupes doing the chore, the Auto-Sweeper should do it instead. You can test this by locking the doors to the room, or changing the access permission on the door to prevent dupes from entering.

20190312-163945-OxygenNotIncluded.jpg

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

On 3/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, Brook said:

Hi @yoakenashi,

I took a look at your save file, and it looks to me like the issue in this case is that your dupes have picked up the delivery chore and are currently in the process of delivering, so the auto-sweeper is not doing that chore. If you look in the Errands tab of the Critter Feeder you can see if there are dupes currently doing the chore or not.  When there are no dupes doing the chore, the Auto-Sweeper should do it instead. You can test this by locking the doors to the room, or changing the access permission on the door to prevent dupes from entering.

To be hung up on a silly newbie issue, I feel ashamed! Feel free to close this issue. Thanks for pointing out my mistake though. And thanks for a great game; keep up the great work.

• Haha 1

Share this comment