SU-291640 Duplicants don't return suit

TakonyBerci
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello,

please have a look at the attached pic.

I drew a red and a yellow line - these are the two paths out from the base.

Most duplicants leave through the red path - I guess this is the shortest computed path - and they return through the same path, dropping off the suit at the right place.

When there's no suit on the red path, the next duplicant leaves through the yellow path. However, they always return through the red path and drop off the suit in front of the machine on the red path, ultimately leaving the yellow station without a suit. This means that I have to click the station manually every time to put a suit in it, allowing a second duplicant to head out.

Is there any change to improve this situation?

I don't mind them taking the red path as long as they return the suit to the yellow station.

Could the suit be tagged somehow with the ID of the station where it belongs?

(Tag to be removed only when the station is deconstructed.)

Thank you for considering!

ONI_suits.png

Steps to Reproduce
Build two paths, put a station on each, connect Oxygen and send multiple duplicants for errands beyond the checkpoints. Observe what happens when the return (in particular, that one of the stations will have suit in it).

User Feedback

3 hours ago, TakonyBerci said:

Clearance is set to "Always" on both stations. (that's the default I think)

With a setting of "Always" they will return through the shortest path, whether or not there is room to store their suit.

If you change the setting to "Vacancy Only" then they will only return through the path that has an empty spot for a suit, which it sounds like is what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment