[SU-291278] Neural Vacillator Resets on Load

DaveSatx
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Every time I load my save game the previously used neural v. is reset to active and i can program another dupe.

they all get the same new attribute as well.

Steps to Reproduce
save a game after finding and using a n.v. load t he game and use it again, profit? lol

User Feedback

1 minute ago, Brook said:

Hi @DaveSatx,

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem. Could you attach your save game so we can have a look at your specific situation?

absolutely.   the vacillator i've found and have been using is to the right and down (might be in focus when you load)

recently it gave a different new attribute, so forget that part :)

System of a Down.sav

hmm. this time around it stopped happening. cool, i guess.  not the first time i've saved/loaded since that last patch though. 

confused. but hey, its gone :)

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, DaveSatx said:

absolutely.   the vacillator i've found and have been using is to the right and down (might be in focus when you load)

recently it gave a different new attribute, so forget that part :)

System of a Down.sav

Thanks for the save.

When I load this save the Vacillator you mentioned is in the used state and can't be assigned a new dupe. (There are a couple of others that it looks like you haven't dug out or activated yet which are still charged).

Is there anything else you can think of that might be different about your situation? No mods used, debug tools enabled, anything like that?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

no mods.  never bothered to figure out how to enable debug.

i just realized it was the first time i saved, exited the game, reloaded since your last patch.  all of my other tests today were without fully exiting today

although this has been happening since the preview for this patch came out, roughly

Edited by DaveSatx

Share this comment

This is happening to me as well.  (Except I believe I am getting different attributes)

I do not use debug mode or even sandbox mode and no mods. In this save, I have 2 different vacillators uncovered and they both reset on load.

I'm using linux if that makes any difference.

Outrageous Dimension.sav

Edit... The last load only reset one of the two vacillators. I'm not sure why.  When I loaded the game about 30mins ago, I noticed the reset, used both vacillators, saved the game and reloaded. I thought they both reset, but only the one to the east of base reset, the one to the south didn't.

Edited by stretch611
additional information

Share this comment

The same game as above continued to reset the vacillator on load for multiple sessions.

All of a sudden it stopped and I think I know why. As I explored farther to the north (top of map) I exposed a POI. Even though that POI was covered in a fog of war (marked unknown) it contained a new Vacillator. When I found the area, the existing vacillators stopped resetting. Note: they stopped reseting when the unknown area was still unexplored...  When I eventually opened the POI I used the vacillator, and that one was resetting on load... the older vacillators have not reset since the POI shrouded in fog of war was found.

(Current Save attached)

Outrageous Dimension.sav

Share this comment