[SU-291278] Gas and steam bug back again

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I recall a game update that was made to fix gasses being multiplied near steam vents, but it appears that the bug is back again. But it does not seem to be limited to steam vents can happen anywhere steam is generated. The attached screenshots and save file are of water dripping into the oil biome. Both the steam and CO2 have multiplied to an extreme level. There was originally only 2-3 tiles of water (so, appox 2500 kg) but now I have far more than that. The CO2 has also run away and is flooding my base.

The Darkest Beyond.sav

Spoiler

20181027134139_1.thumb.jpg.73eaa0a8a3bc6a5f8d93259d145c7ca3.jpg

20181027134317_1.thumb.jpg.84cdcfe6a9b2b32ccbb09618102333e7.jpg

20181027134259_1.thumb.jpg.247dad198332a0d9ae88f11a276ad1d5.jpg

There are also some related bug posts, most related mine from April 5

Spoiler

Steps to Reproduce
Create/condense steam in a confined area; most commonly seen near cool steam vents.

User Feedback

Can confirm.

My entirely sealed steam vent keeps generating non-steam gases and overpressurizing, despite being effectively cooled.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 10/27/2018 at 6:26 PM, Coolthulhu said:

Can confirm.

My entirely sealed steam vent keeps generating non-steam gases and overpressurizing, despite being effectively cooled.

What gasses are floating around in the room besides steam?  Some have said that if you have 3 gasses mixing it causes this problem.  On the other hand, I only have steam and oxygen in my steam turbine room and it seems to keep slowly converting steam into oxygen.  I vacuum out my steam vent rooms both to avoid this bug and to make sure there is the most room for steam to come out of the vent.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, psusi said:

What gasses are floating around in the room besides steam?  Some have said that if you have 3 gasses mixing it causes this problem.

Steam, CO2 and O2 for sure. There was pO2 too. It might have improved when I removed pO2, but I haven't noticed that.

It might be related to multiple gases. I've seen it happen in hydrogen vent with O2 and PO2.

Share this comment