[SU-290532] Bridges blocking flow

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Save file attached at end.

Recently my bridges have been acting strange and causing the gas to not flow and combining as expected.

Screenshots worth a thousand words:

Here you can see that the above line is backed up and is not flowing. What should be happening is that the lower line should be backing up and adding to the top line if there are any packets less than 1000g.

20181021004104_1.thumb.jpg.a8823e3d03c8ab9e96b40eb7cc3b06ce.jpg

If I destroy the bridge, the gas from the top line flows as expected.

20181021004820_1.thumb.jpg.2ddca583b4484965aa5a0b323e59a0f8.jpg

The Darkest Beyond.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Unsure; it doesn't happen to every bridge, just certain configurations. I will post updates if I figure anything out.

User Feedback

It happens when two outputs are placed in a row in a line.

To explain a bit : When having multiple output in the same line, the gas don't know in which direction it should flow. Leading to packets going forward then backward.

I encountered it a bit but didn't think of posting in the bug tracker. Good call @yoakenashi

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

It happens when two outputs are placed in a row in a line.

To explain a bit : When having multiple output in the same line, the gas don't know in which direction it should flow. Leading to packets going forward then backward.

This is not true. You can have multiple outputs placed in a row in a line.

The situation you are describing (the forward/backward motion) is for a section of pipe/duct that has both inputs/outputs in both directions. In my case I had inputs on one end and outputs on the other.

I added a bridge downstream of all of this and the issue went away. My guess is that there is an issue with large counts of inputs/outputs. Downstream of the newly added bridge I have 17 tanks and 1 high pressure gas vent.

20181021045304_1.thumb.jpg.a21043400fb58660d10b3c7dc89d55e2.jpg

Share this comment

1 hour ago, yoakenashi said:

This is not true. You can have multiple outputs placed in a row in a line.

Outputs are green. Inputs are white. So you had multiple outputs where the problem was. Adding another input seems to have resolved the problem.

But multiple inputs (white) never caused any problem and is not the problem you showcased. Outputs (green) are the problem here. And multiple outputs are part of the problem even though you found a way to resolve it.

Share this comment

T junctions delay packets -  I wasnt aware they could do it that far back in the line though.   You have a lot of Ts and +s near your reservoirs. removing these and m aking the pipe linear also fixes it.20181021073244_1.thumb.jpg.06e158df5939cff2c6c23f4108e2dc62.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment