strange crash randomly

ck_wingz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

This started recently. Before i would be able to play the game and watch Twitch on second monitor, no issue's. Now if i do that, game FPS drops to 50 previously was 144, but that doesnt really make a difference in game. The game will randomly freeze and then crash. Thought it was Twitch so i turned off any program that was running. And it is still doing this and very frustrating. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled the game, updated video divers.

Steps to Reproduce

I dont know want here?

User Feedback

Guess i wont be playing this game. Sad really, was a great game and now its unplayable and getting no support from the company or the community.

Share this comment

You´re complaining, you got no support within a few hours for an uncommon problem? Tough call...

Did you even consider, the culprint may be a windows update, or anything like that? The game had not changes for >2 weeks now.

Share this comment

Sure will, might be a day or two. Building a system for a client who keeps wanting to change parts :(

@SharraShimada  checked all of that. And no other background programs running. So ya I considered it.

The only thing that has changed, I havent played the game since I moved to a Ryzen system, but i really doubt that has anything to do with it

Share this comment

I haven't been able to play more than a cycle or two without the game crashing in weeks. I uninstalled, thought it might be fixed in updates... sadly, no. Here is the latest crash log that I got.

System.IO.FileStream.WriteInternal (System.Byte[] src, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
System.IO.FileStream.Write (System.Byte[] array, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
Timelapser.WriteToPng (UnityEngine.RenderTexture renderTex) (at <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0)
Timelapser.RenderAndPrint () (at <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0)
Timelapser+<Render>d__28.MoveNext () (at <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <a35d771e78bd4d75a6f3aedeaad4d1ed>:0)

Share this comment

3 hours ago, ck_wingz said:

The only thing that has changed, I havent played the game since I moved to a Ryzen system, but i really doubt that has anything to do with it

You may doubt, but it may be your actual problem. Did you install your Windows new after that? If not there may be some leftover from the previous chipset driver, especially, if it was an intel system. Did you install all drivers for the ryzen chipset? Did you checked for problems with the current BIOS? There where some boards shipped with and older AGESA, causing all kinds of problems (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Generic_Encapsulated_Software_Architecture)

Oh boy, you changed the very heart and soul of your computer, and did not even consider, this may the master of all problems? You switched to a completly different machine. You cant just replace half of your hardware, and expect to go on from this out of the box without any problems. 

Share this comment