Sign in to follow this  

Steel produced, counter says 0, can't build

Lilscratchy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

So I have been excited to get into rocketry. My colony is 600 cycles in and Im gonna build my third rocket. However I noticed I had no steel so I went about producing some. After a while I still didn't have any, so I checked on my refineries to see steel lying down. 

I scoured my base and have literally tons of it lying around actually, but it doesn't get counted into my resources, hence I cannot progress further as of now (save for debug/sandbox mode but that isn't fun. 

In the picture I took you can so my mouse hovering over 100 kg of freshly produced steel, lying around. However the resource tab says I have 0 kg of steel lying around. 

Edit: I found out that when I click on steel in the tab it does take me straight to nearby steel lying around. 

Peculiar. 

15778760533484104280254402745729.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I wouldn't know how it occurred. Most I can consciously do to reproduce it is creating steel?
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

If there is steel, but the counter says 0, this means you probably have some buildings in queue with steel aready. That may be everything from machines to pipes or wires. What does it display, when you hover over the steel-entry in the ressource list? Does it say xxx of xxx? If so, and the first number is bigger, this means all of your steel is already planed to be used elsewhere. Maybe your dupes cant reach that spot, and so the steel is still there, but its planed to be used. 

Please check this out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi, if you don't mind could you please upload the save file so we can take a look?
Also as SharraShimada mentions, sometimes the steel is allocated for tasks already, worth checking!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks SharraShimada and klei. Ruby for your suggestions!

The problem kind of resolved itself somehow. I tried manually moving dupes over steel that was lying around and they could move to it. However, while part of my qued up buildings was completed over the course of a long time, some weren't. 

I had some steel lying around in one spot from decommissioned rockets, bunker tiles and gantries. And there was a ladder leading to the spot in question. Nothing was broken. But I replaced the ladder segments with new ones and whaddya know. My resource tab all of a sudden lights up with a couple tones of steel Im sure I had all along!. 

Would it still be relevant for me to upload the save after it's been resolved, I kinda played on for another 300 cycles by now after my little issue was resolved. If so, how exactly do I do it? Same way as with pictures? (I'm kinda new to klei forums btw) 

Thanks for your input guys! 

Share this comment