Steam Engine Erroneously Displaying as "Entombed"

Crunch_
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Using steam engines, but I haven't progressed far enough on this seed to test other engines. After digging out regolith, steam engines still act as if they are entombed. Note that gantries are retracted and the rocket is mid-way through refueling.

Saving and reloading fixes this, but it reoccurs once the rocket becomes entombed again.

Never used to encounter this problem, started popping up after the Breath of Fresh Air merge update. Playing on vanilla, although I have the DLC downloaded.

20210805214541_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

See attached photo in post. Rocket works after first being built/loaded, but will be entombed indefinitely after first entombment.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can confirm the same issue happens to me. Every time regolith falls onto the Steam Engine and is dug out, the engine does remain entombed until you save and reload. Unsure if it happens with other engines or if it occurs when digging automatically with a Robo-Miner.

Share this comment

Same here. I tried to build Bunker doors under Steam rockets(to move regolith one tile lower when open), but that didnt help. Reloading or rebuilding engine seem only thing to work.

Sometimes another Meteor Storm pushes regolith away and then engine isnt Entombed anymore, but its very random.

Please fix.

Share this comment

sames. deconstructed and reconstructed the engine before trying to restore a save, which worked. bloody annoying when you half fill it with steam then it decides its forever entombed, blowing out your steam supply system lol

Share this comment

It seems save file specific as I've been unable to reproduce it, if you have a save file with this issue please upload it. I have a general idea of what's going on in Spaced Out (regolith asteroid), but not for the base game.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment