Space Industry preview SU-289453 Game crash

kurikaktus
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Game crashes just before the next day starts (wait a few seconds), Is it possible for you guys to tell me what causes it so I could at least make adjustments so I can continue my game?

crash.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Launch the saved file, wait a few seconds till the next day

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Apparently there's a bug at present where burrowing voles spawn an egg which causes a crash when they spawn an egg underground.

Share this comment

I had the same problem. I deleted all the shove voles with debug/sandbox mode and now the game continues. Maybe try that until it is fixed and respawn the apropriate number of voles when it is fixed

Share this comment

via debug mode or sandbox? I am still a bit unsure how objects load once they're revealed via debug mode but I prefer not to load things that I haven't entered yet 

Share this comment

I used debugmode to reveale the whole map with backspace. When you hit backspace again the map is unrevealed again. Then i used the delete tool of sandbox mode to delete all the shove voles and the blocks they were contained in. Don't know of the debug tools have a function to just delete entities like critters. Hope it helps. Have played for more than 30 cycles now without shove voles and without crashes :)

Once you are done with debug don't forget to hit control f4 to deactivate debug mode ;)

Edited by YellowDisciple

Share this comment