solar panel temperature

Jordye
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Closed

My solar panel standing alone in space completely surrounded by vacuum and working have fixed temperature of 45C for many cycles. Shouldn't it overheat? They overheated previously, but now is not. Is this a bug? It feels like cheating. I want to do proper cooling, but they seems doesn't need it. Please help. My save file below.

Update: It overheat from falling regolith only. No bugs.

Steps to Reproduce
Load my save and check solar panel temperature (any of them).

User Feedback

Nope solar panels wont overheat anymore by themself. They can overheat only by other things, like debries from space, or hot things beneath. This is no bug, and its not cheating.

• Like 1

Share this comment

@SharraShimada would you allow me to know a little bit more about you. Are you belong to KLei the team who made Oxygen Not Included? Based from your answer you seem belong to KLei, even @klei.ruby approved your answer. Since your profile doesn't have Developer status this's the reason for me asking you.

Edited by Calvin Valerian

Share this comment

Nope, not affiliated to KLEI in any way. I´m just a normal long time player of ONI, a firm reader of the forums, and i want to give some knowlege back to other users encounter problems or have questions.

The devs are busy fixing bugs and developing new stuff. So answers from them can take a long time. Users fill this gap to prevent long waiting times for questions and problems. Its called a healthy communty. And when it comes to ONI the community is really good.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Note that the thread was marked as closed because of the edit to the original post, not the responses.

Update: It overheat from falling regolith only. No bugs.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment