smart battery exploit

Moonshade
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

hi the following setup removes the need for power transformers al together. but since batteries don't count as consumers I can push infinite amount of watts through the mains from the generators to the batteries. From the batteries to the consumers of course I still need to watch out.

This circumvents the use of heavy watt wire alltogether

left side generators

right side consumers

logic is for enabling generators

457140_20180623205611_1.thumb.png.2723baa5a1c4cf66e360a5033d9ab730.png457140_20180623205613_1.thumb.png.a915b4175023ba7bb7984de5b08dcc7f.png

Steps to Reproduce
huh not sure what to put here, well just build like in the screenshots.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

From what I can remember power production has never been able to damage wires. Transformers also work in a weird way. One transformer produces power in 5 ticks of 1kw per second. This means if you have an item connected to it that uses over 1kw per second and dont have battery on the line the item wont work well. However if a line is consuming 2kw power and has a battery the battery can be loaded with about 3kw when you get power from the mainline again. This is why its recommended to always have a battery on the small side of transformers. 

Share this comment

well if the intention was that you don't need to use heavy watt wire why even make heavy watt wire a possibility in the game?

a similar exploit used to be possible when transformers didnt count as consumers. they changed that too so, batteries should count as consumers when you charge them.

Edited by Moonshade
add info

Share this comment