Sinks interrupt halfway through

creidieki
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

In the last major update, changes were made so that putting toilets in a row doesn't interrupt them. But now, when I connect them the old way (see illustration), I'm having trouble with my sinks. They keep interrupting themselves halfway through washing their hands, as polluted water from the toilets happens to pass the nearby junction.

Please let me know if this isn't clear. I tried to set up a save file to illustrate the bug, but it turns out that if you save the game when a dupe is using the toilet, they don't actually finish using the toilet when you load the game. (I assume this is a known design limitation rather than a bug.)

2018-11-07.png

Steps to Reproduce
Build sinks and toilets as illustrated. Have two dupes try to use the toilets at once.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@creidieki : In the waiting for the fix, you can solve the problem by just build a pipe with 1 more section before it reach the main line.

In your room and configuration, this means you have to build a pipe that start going to the left of the output before going up.

This issue is caused by an output placed to closed from a crossing between 2 pipes. The same problem happens with output of bridges.

With just 1 section of pipe between the output and the crossing, it will run normally. ;)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment