Signal Counter Possible Bug (?)

oconzer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but the signal counter resets the count it has reached if it receives another green signal while at its set max without having any signal sent to its reset input.

The way the description for the signal counter works is that it counts up to a specified number. No where does it say if its supposed to reset upon counting past that number.

Example: Setting a signal counter to 4 and having it count 4 green signals shouldn't reset it upon reading a 5th green signal, at least with the way the description is.

If this is the intentional behavior for the signal counter, then it needs to have an option for not resetting upon counting past the number chosen.

Steps to Reproduce

Build a signal counter and have it count to a number and past that number. Notice that it resets when it passes the number (which as far as the description goes seems vague if this is the intended behavior.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I suppose "another green signal to start the count over" could me misconstrued to refer to green signal to the reset port.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, BaZERGer said:

I suppose "another green signal to start the count over" could me misconstrued to refer to green signal to the reset port.

That's basically how I was figuring that it worked. I've figured out a work around for automation to count to a certain number and only reset on receiving a green signal to its reset port, but the automation requires a 3x5 area rather than a 1x3 area.

Share this comment

Restarting the count is intended behaviour, yes -- I've updated the string to more clearly state that, thanks!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment