Seeds can be infinitely duplicated

Hexicube
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

It's possible to duplicate seeds by planting a partial seed, which counts as a full seed, and then uprooting it for the full seed in return.

I have only tried this with wort seeds (as I noticed I uprooted 2 and planted 3 when playing), but I assume it works for any seed. At minimum it works with worts and briars, as both are planted in the flower pot.

Steps to Reproduce
Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a storage compactor with <1kg storage space remaining 2. Attempt to store the desired seed inside this compactor, which results in storing a partial seed 3. Store the other part in another compactor not within sweep range of the first (a dupe must not be able to pick up both parts at once) 4. Plant the seed (this only works if the dupe actually chooses to use the partial seed) If done correctly, one of the partial seeds will be planted and immediately results in a full plant that can then be uprooted to repeat the process. It becomes easier as you do it more, as you will end up with a bunch of compactors in separated locations all containing partial seeds. Solutions to this problem: - Make planter boxes require a full seed before creating the plant; this will cause issues in cases where a full seed does not drop, I actually uprooted 0.98 of a seed when playing - Make some items indivisible (seeds, food items) - Make storage compactors store in kilo allotments, so that each material stored takes up a rounded up amount of space, making available space always whole
  • Like 1

User Feedback

For the sake of easier reproduction, I've made a save primed for easy duplicating:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/905dniwyc5gd1oe/Infinite Seed Testbed.sav?dl=1

Steps to utilise:

• Uproot all worts (notice how dupes store it 0.5 at a time)
  • Move dupes away from the compactors
  • Plant new worts (notice how initially the available count is assumed to be correct, but goes up 0.5 for each planting)
  • Rinse and repeat until you have the desired number of seeds (never uproot more than 5, as only 10 compactors have been primed)
Edited by Hexicube

Share this comment