screen graphics freeze sound works

Mikekl
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi klei team,

I got this annoying freeze bug.

Random moments, sometimes I can play for an hour, sometimes not even 5 minutes.

I've seen many threads in the years that Oni came out but i can't figure out a solution.

The screen will freeze, the sound will also stop for a split second after that the screen won't change but the sound goes on.

Can also move the mouse and hear the sounds(I wait for the auto save and force shutdown the game)

2 or 3 updates ago i could play longer on a lower screen resolution, last few days i get more crashes again.

Also tried some of these: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/2019-tips-oxygen-not-included-keeps-crashing/

Could not find the DMP File when searching for it like it says in this thread: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029555392   

Thanks in advance

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Random, can't give any tips

User Feedback

Oh I also checked the logs in windows system.

i get an error ID 4101. Translation says display driver stopped working nvlddmkm

edit: i've done some changes in registry editor (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDrivers)

I now get a different error "Application oxygennotinclu has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware".

Edited by Mikekl

Share this comment

On 3/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, Mikekl said:

I now get a different error "Application oxygennotinclu has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware".

Okay, before you start fiddling with your registry files anymore, from what I can tell from looking at your output log it appears you're getting a video card error.

d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 0 size 3200) [0x887A0005]

Are you overclocking your computer? And are you running it on a dedicated GPU?

RivaTuner / MSI Afterburner - If your system is displaying a black screen when trying to launch Oxygen Not Included, check to see if RivaTuner Statistics server or MSI Afterburner is running in the background. If so, close down the program as some users have encountered these software causing conflicts with the game. 

Ensure that your system is running the game with a a dedicated GPU (Not Integrated)
Some laptops with NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards actually contain two graphics chips; an Intel integrated chip for power-saving and a dedicated NVIDIA or AMD chip for high-performance uses such as gaming. Your graphics driver will detect which chip to use based on the program that you're running, but may not correctly detect that the high performance chip is required to run Oxygen Not Included.

You will have to go into your AMD (CCC Control Panel) or NVIDIA Control Panel and force your dedicated GPU to launch and run Oxygen Not Included. instead of your integrated Intel card.

Share this comment

I did some changes in NVIDIA Control Panel

have had 2 days now without crashes

no overclocking btw

good to know about the graphics chips, thanks a lot 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

hey, i searched for it too much. i have 2 load games and just 1 one of them is black, another one works perfectly. iam afraid if i try to start a new game it will be dark too. there is no GPU settings at AMD cc control panel. do you how can fix it?

Share this comment

I've disabled my graphics card in favor of integrated graphics. The game runs slower, but it's more stable I think.

Share this comment