Save/load several times crash the game

Fradow
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I'm pretty sure it's an old bug, but after doing several save/load cycles (about 20 in my case), the game exit to desktop without any error message.

It's pretty clear from the log file (attached) that it's an out of memory issue, probably caused by a memory leak or the garbage collector not being runned enough.

Steps to Reproduce

Save/load about 20 times. At some point, the game will exit to desktop.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I was going to comment on that in your other bug report about printing pod re-roll, then I saw this. I also experience the same problem. If I look at my RAM, it keeps increasing every time I reload the game and eventually the game crashes or I have to restart the game before it happens.

As of now, the only way to fix the annoying radbolt engines producing an insane amount of radiation permanently after landing is to re-load. Not only does it take a long time at later stages of the game, but this bug you mention here makes it even worst as memory becomes increasingly used each time we reload. It would be great if this would be addressed - it has been around for a long time.

I gave up fixing the radbolt engine because of that bug.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Yes, while the 2 uses cases for me were bug exploits (printing pod reroll and care package duplication), there are a lot of legitimate uses cases where you want to save/load multiple times.

The fact that reloading is the de-facto work around for a lot of bugs doesn't help (the one you commented, flooding status not disappearing, dupes being stuck without errand etc....).

• Like 2

Share this comment

yes its very old bug. you say garbage collector, it can be. unity engine had in past before issues with garbage collectors.

but if you check error log you see tho when it crash. its been reported before as-well.

its happening usually between make save file and  that png game screenshot

Share this comment