Saved game corrupted?

Mezzz
  • Pending

I was about to load into my previous game play where I last stopped. Upon loading the game, my saved game didn't load and in fact, the dupes selection screen showed up. I decide to follow the flow and press "embark" hoping my previous game will be loaded. However, a new game is loaded under a new saved file. 

oni.jpeg

oni1.jpeg

Steps to Reproduce
Starting the game as usual

User Feedback

Does loading the save file always give you a new game screen? If it does upload it so the devs can check whats wrong.

Share this comment

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

Enter that exactly into the address bar. The auto_save folder inside is where all the auto saves are, else there will be in the folder that opens up.

Share this comment

Both those saves only have the json header. Do you still have the output_log.txt for those?

Share this comment

Meh. That's the output_log from trying to load it, not a record of what caused it. Oh well.

Share this comment

I think I have found out the cause of the issue. In both of my games, I had 6-8 dead dupes lying around and I didn't put them into graves. I started a new game today and didn't get as much dupes as I had to reduce the casualties. I am now at cycle 58 without any issues. Maybe the devs would like to check it out.

Share this comment