Rocket module is already in the base instead of en-route

blash365
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed
On 10.12.2018 at 8:18 PM, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Further logging improvements for disappearing rocket parts -- If you've launched a fresh rocket since Thursday's hotfix, and it has come back without pieces, please post the save file so we can determine where they went! :)

Yup, it's me and my rocket again. I loaded my autosave and the research module is already back in the silo, while the rest of the rocket is still on the way.

It's not exactly "disappearing", but who knows how much of the rest comes back.

60%roof Cycle 1215.sav

60%roof Cycle 1209.sav

60%roof Cycle 1210.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load my savegame and look at your debug information.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Argh!

Well, the additional debugging I added has no results so I'd just like to double check: Was this rocket whole and complete on the ground, before launching, on last Thursday since the 298494 hotfix? Unfortunately, the debugging only works if the rocket was complete at that point in time.

If that was the case, then I must look deeper...

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Argh!

Well, the additional debugging I added has no results so I'd just like to double check: Was this rocket whole and complete on the ground, before launching, on last Thursday since the 298494 hotfix? Unfortunately, the debugging only works if the rocket was complete at that point in time.

If that was the case, then I must look deeper...

I can guarantee that the rocket was not launched before thursday because i was not at home at that time and before that i couldnt even load my savegame ;).

Upon my return on friday, I simply checked the astronaut assignment fixes to regain my precious astroneer. From then I think i had the rocket return once (maybe not) and then launched once more for the current launch. So all debugging should have been active.

I did not play much, because i am still getting alot of crashes out of the blue. So, some of the gameplay might have happened on friday, saturday, sunday and the actual error occured on monday. Also most of my base is still in the state it was before the QoL update.

I could also reload an older savegame, where the bug isnt present yet. But i would prefer getting this issue out of the game once and for all.

When i arrive back from work later today, i can provide you with more savegames to give you some kind of timeline of the events that lead up to the issue.

Edited by blash365

Share this comment

Thanks for the additional info. In light of that, I tried exploring some other possibilities and am still coming up empty-handed. If you come up with any more saves to try and reproduce this, I'd definitely appreciate it. Thanks for all your effort!

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Thanks for the additional info. In light of that, I tried exploring some other possibilities and am still coming up empty-handed. If you come up with any more saves to try and reproduce this, I'd definitely appreciate it. Thanks for all your effort!

Yup, i was just about to prepare the save games.

1209 is the autosave directly after the launch. No bug there

1210 is the day after. Bug is there.

Please also leave me a @-mark when you post here. Your bug tracker is a bit hard to keep track of, when you are just an ordinary user. Maybe you should also extend the notification functions for it at some point (e.g. notify creator when a bug is fixed, subscribe as watcher, etc.).

Edited by blash365

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

@blash365 Yesssss the 1209 save reliably reproduces it for me!! :) Will be working on a solution now. Thank you so much!

Best developer ever!

Will i need to revert back to 1209 or will my latest savegame be fixed?

Edited by blash365

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

This will be resolved in the next hotfix.

@blash365 Unfortunately the missing modules are getting lost from the save process, so once they're gone they're really gone. So I guess at this point you can choose between going back, or rebuilding the rocket once it "lands". Thanks so much for your patience with this!

• Thanks 2

Share this comment