Regolith tiles spawning on game load

Coolthulhu
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

After saving+loading, some regolith tiles may spawn. They may be spawning from items, but I don't think they do - the place where they spawned had no regolith items.

I attached 2 screenshots: one before load (vole visible), one after load (regolith where vole was). I also attached the save, it may be useful for debugging this.

20181020190448_1.jpg

Shelter.sav

20181020191435_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
No idea. Related to meteors somehow. Save viewing tools may be helpful.

User Feedback

Happend to me when I updated to the Space Industry Update, too.

I'll upload my save. This save file was written by build RU-285480. Load it with this version, the problem won't occur here.

If you load it with SU-290532 you will see that in the first shown frame there are no regolith blocks. In the next few seconds (while still paused) many regolith blocks are spawning, they will even stack up to the top of the map.

Planet 72.sav

First shown frame:
image.thumb.png.c834ba4817c2fb72b928ad17fe0573f7.png

After loading, still paused:
image.thumb.png.1e743e5a0ff7ef9dbf5ffe9d74a9bced.png

Edited by Azunai333

Share this comment

Hi, we changed the behavior when ores of the same type get get buried in a tile of the same type. This should prevent an excessive amount of buried ore on the surface, but it does mean that the first time the save file upgrades, some of the piles of regolith grow taller. Thanks for reporting it though, we appreciate you taking the time!

• Like 2

Share this comment