Refinery stating No power

felix920506
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Refineries connected after a transformer won't function properly without a battery also after the transformer

Steps to Reproduce
1.build enough generators to supply 1.2kw of power 2.connect generator - transformer then transformer - refinery 3.connect pipes for coolant on the refinery 4.use the refinery

User Feedback

Which type of transformator are you using? The little or the big one? The little one can only transform 1000 W in a second.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Azunai333 said:

Which type of transformator are you using? The little or the big one? The little one can only transform 1000 W in a second.

The small one but it doesn't say that It can only transform 1kw of power.
it only says that it can store 1000 joules and other equipment on the same line don't get knocked out

Share this comment

Yes, thats right. But I've tested it. I ran the following test for 10 seconds:

image.thumb.png.d276c58c72bd1b66b2e9c85441aab699.png

The result is:

- small transformer: 1 kW/s

- big transformer: 4 kW/s

Edited by Azunai333
typo
  • Like 1

Share this comment

39 minutes ago, Azunai333 said:

Yes, thats right. But I've tested it. I ran the following test for 10 seconds:

image.thumb.png.d276c58c72bd1b66b2e9c85441aab699.png

The result is:

- small transformer: 1 kW/s

- big transformer: 4 kW/s

but when I connect a battery after the small one and run the refinery, the battery stays full all the time

Share this comment

The refinery will draw 1200 W. The transformer can do 1000 W. So you will lose 200 J per second in your battery.

The smallest battery has 10000 J capacity. Even with this little one you can buffer the missing 200 J (W per second) for almost 50 seconds.

You have a capacity in the transformer, too. This will last 5 secs before the battery will start to drain. To refill both completly you would need only 11 seconds. So... Maybe you just overlooked it?

Share this comment

A refinery stating no power when connected to fully charged batteries via conductive wire? I need to see this; would you please upload your save file? Or at least a screenshot of your power overlay?

Share this comment

3 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

A refinery stating no power when connected to fully charged batteries via conductive wire? I need to see this; would you please upload your save file? Or at least a screenshot of your power overlay?

I said connected to a transformer

Share this comment

9 hours ago, felix920506 said:

I said connected to a transformer

9 hours ago, felix920506 said:

when I connect a battery after the small one and run the refinery, the battery stays full all the time

So you have a refinery and a battery connected after the small transformer, meaning they are connected together.

If this is not correct then your description has confused me, which is why I suggested posting your save file and/or a screen shot so that we can help you with this :)  

Share this comment