Refined Metal Vanishing From Resources Tab, Duplicants Cannot Find even if on floor or in storage container

EndrulerYT
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Whenever my duplicants create refined metal with the rock crusher, the game thinks it's not there, even with sweeping it into a storage container which *sometimes* works. This is an issue across multiple save files of different colonies, and is preventing me from progressing. 

Steps to Reproduce

I don't know how to reproduce this, as I have no idea why it's happening.

User Feedback

@EndrulerYT does a reload solve the bug ?

Is it depending on the kind of metal refined ?

You told us it's not seen by the game, but it seems you're able to sweep it. If you can sweep it, so the game knows it's here. Or maybe your only talking about ressource tab on the UI ?

Any screenshot ? Any save file ? Never noticed it so far on my games.

Just note that it could take some time for the game to update the ressource tab. Also, it seems that the more advanced (and heavy) your save is, the longer the time it takes to update, probably to save calculation ressources for more urgent stuff.

Edited by OxCD

Share this comment

Whats displayed if you hover over the ressource in the list? Is there something like x of y? If so, your material is already reserverd for something you are building. 

For example, you draw a very long line of wire made of gold, and you run out of gold, the build job persits. Every gold you make is already dedicated to this job.

Share this comment

On 6/14/2020 at 4:51 AM, OxCD said:

@EndrulerYT does a reload solve the bug ?

Is it depending on the kind of metal refined ?

You told us it's not seen by the game, but it seems you're able to sweep it. If you can sweep it, so the game knows it's here. Or maybe your only talking about ressource tab on the UI ?

Any screenshot ? Any save file ? Never noticed it so far on my games.

Just note that it could take some time for the game to update the ressource tab. Also, it seems that the more advanced (and heavy) your save is, the longer the time it takes to update, probably to save calculation ressources for more urgent stuff.

The metal doesn't matter. And yes, the UI for the resources tab says it's not there but it prevents me from being able to build things using refined metal because the game thinks I don't have any

Share this comment

When this happens next, try hovering over the resource in the resource panel. It will say "--- kg of  --- kg allocated to pending errands". The right-hand number is the total amount in your colony, the left-hand number is the amount you've allocated/marked for spending, and then the main number in the resources panel shows the difference of the two. The game doesn't allow you to overspend your resources.

Let me know if this makes sense or not.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment