Rancher Dupe Starving For No Reason

strawberrygirl
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Hello my rancher has been occasionally at starving status even though she has access to food. The only thing I prevented her from having access to is the outside (the ranch) where there are germs outside. The reason being that her immunity was a bit low. The first time I solved this I allowed her to briefly have access to the ranch again, as she was just standing still in the starving dupe stance. She also failed to move even to use the restroom (which she also had access to). The only door I used to prevent access is the one to the immediate right of the chlorine wash basin in the rest room.

I provided a screen shot and checked her navigation access to the fridge. All checked ok.. This is the only dupe in my colony that this is happening with.

starving dupe.png

Perfect Facility.sav

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Create rancher? dupe and play normally (prevent access to non food related areas of the base, I think. I'm not sure exactly what is causing it).

User Feedback

@strawberrygirl it doesn't appear that this is related to Ranching.

It looks like your dupe may have already been hungry when they hit maximum stress, and started to Vomit as their stress reaction. Not only will they not eat while doing their stress reaction but Vomiting also drains their calories. In this case they ran out of calories before the Vomit stress reaction was complete...

This might be unnecessarily punishing, we'll take a look at it.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Changed Redmine to https://redmine.klei.com/issues/3137

Share this comment

Thanks for your response. Just wondering what about what caused it to begin with? All the other dupes had food access and were fine.. she was only one who just wouldn't eat to begin with even though I had plenty of food in the fridges.

Share this comment

Just bumping this up. Playing with increased hunger, stress vomiters basically always die once they reach high stress, which seems excessive.

Edited by Earl_of_Earlier

Share this comment