Problem while generating a world from this seed

Destructix
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Attempted to start a game under Classic - Survival with a random seed and received error:

A problem occurred while generating a world from this seed: V-SNDST-C-412946727-0

Error is repeatable, if I try again with the exact same seed, same error is received.

ONI Seed error.png

Steps to Reproduce

New Game

Classic

Survival

Enter seed number: V-SNDST-C-412946727-0

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've had this twice this week as well. First one happened the day this build first arrived in Test branch, and the second time happened today just a bit ago:

A problem occurred while generating a world from this seed:

SWMP-C-1922759050-0

Please try again with a different seed.

image.png.64caf7cf8eba1ea661385b6eb6f6926b.png

Unsure if this also happened to you - I noticed when I went back to try again with a new random seed (without closing the game), the main-menu BGM persisted during gameplay (I could hear both musics playing simultaneously, the menu BGM was much louder than the game BGM though). This didn't happen when I closed and reopened the save. I also noticed that it didn't happen when

Share this comment

Was a solution for this ever found - I have just attempted to start around 8 new games, all with different seeds and everyone of them came up with the error.
It doesnt seem to matter how I start it, I have tried Classic, Spaced out, Survival, No Sweat - each combination seem to get the same error - even attempting to change the starting asteroid in Spaced out returns the same error.

Cant even play the game now :(

example.jpg

Share this comment

This is a general error message for worldgen and gets automatically reported to us (respecting data collection settings of course). Typically it means it can't find space to place a guaranteed template and we need to improve the placement rules. 

The rules are quite good now though the occasional worldgen failure happens--but not at the frequency you are seeing. Your Player.log file will contain the details but my suspicion is your local files are in a bad state. For example, I was able to generate your first image (SNDST-C-261705928-0) on both release and public testing.

Try the following:

1. Browse the Local Files (right-click ONI in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files)
  2. Go into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets
  3. Verify Integrity of Game Files (right-click ONI in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files)

If that doesn't work please post your Player.log file.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, EricKlei said:

This is a general error message for worldgen and gets automatically reported to us (respecting data collection settings of course). Typically it means it can't find space to place a guaranteed template and we need to improve the placement rules. 

The rules are quite good now though the occasional worldgen failure happens--but not at the frequency you are seeing. Your Player.log file will contain the details but my suspicion is your local files are in a bad state. For example, I was able to generate your first image (SNDST-C-261705928-0) on both release and public testing.

Try the following:

1. Browse the Local Files (right-click ONI in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files)
  3. Verify Integrity of Game Files (right-click ONI in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files)

Awesome, thank you for that, this has remedied the issue for me.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 7/1/2021 at 3:55 AM, EricKlei said:

Try the following:

Screenshot_20211201_100032.thumb.png.302f8a8c97309f3525cfd137d30b92d2.png

I am getting this error almost every time I try to create a new game.
I am running Arch Linux, GameBuildID is 7767617.

Can you tell me, where I can find that 'Player.log' you mentioned?

Share this comment