[preview] Memory leak, again

Fluon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It leaking, who would thought, about 400 MB in less than 2 minutes, eventually it will crash at sudden moment.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Steps to Reproduce

just let it run, nothing special, even all mods disabled

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Yes, the memory leak in Spaced Out seems even worse. 10 cycles played, 11GB of RAM draw, that doesn't seem good and it's below 100 cycles even
image.png.04bedaa69c83f1c2df55dd0442d7c0cc.png

Pausing the game for a little while seems to help some..? (memory readings while writing this comment and having the game on pause)
image.png.07696ca7a8c34a7c2e140c799872dd73.png
image.png.e02ea8737b9092ea2f9994b3a8dae3e6.png

Here is the save file Space Hut_2 41.sav

save after 9 cycles without exiting and RAM from above screenshots:  Space Hut_2 50.sav

Share this comment

Same issue here.

I tried two separate new games, both hit memory leaks around the 60-70 cycle timeframe. Tried reloading / re-logging into everything (short of deleting and redownloading the entire game), changing multiple options, zero mods, etc. but same issue.

Of course, once the leaks start the game becomes totally unplayable, unfortunately. 

Share this comment

its even worst on later games, my game is currently at cycle 1900 and it crashes almost every 5 cycles or so. no error or crash screen. so i cant see the logs. on another note i cant build rockets or it crashes immediately after clicking build.

Share this comment

I encountered this today as well, assets started disappearing before my eyes, first it was a gas tank and some gas pipes, then it was the dupes turn to become invisible :lol:

I saved the game and then hit quit immediately after, it took quite a while to close, so I opened task manager and saw the game had about 23 GB allocated to it...

Log and save attached, the game was running for about 4h, but it was paused for at least 1h while I was AFK

Oxygen Not Included 04_12_2022 18_18_02.png

Oxygen Not Included 04_12_2022 18_18_23.png

Oxygen Not Included 04_12_2022 18_18_13.png

Player_221204-1819.log The Bustling Cesspool-1invbug.sav

Share this comment