Polymer Press wont turn on

BFG
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

I built a press but it wont start producing. Tried building it in two different spots nothing, tried building different types of pipes that pump the pertro into it nothing, tried making it out of 3 different mats nothing, tried having the c02 vented and non vented nothing, petro is 100% going into the intake, 100% there is power, for sure its build on stable ground, no red indications its not functioning, tried updating, tried restarting still nothing, I've looked everywhere on the net nothing, temp petro intake temp 43c room temp below 0c also will have wolfimite temp plates with nullify ready once i can get this fixed... getting bummed out as i cant move forward until i get this working. After many hours of learning this game i finally have a base going perfectly plllleeeeeeaaasee help i wanna keep playing! 

Steps to Reproduce
i simply built a base. there does not seem to be a trigger. Only managed to make a press once before and that was before the performance update and it worked just fine (minus the fact i didnt know how to keep the damned thing cool)

User Feedback

Would you provide screenshots of the various overlays, or even better the save? Sometimes there are simple issues, preventing machines to work.

Share this comment

Unless im blind and or dumb all checks out for hook ups. the only two things i have been able to think of over the last many hours of pondering this is one - the petro is too cold. the temp has dropped due to it sitting in the pipes in a cold biome its at 4c now. or two - that its just some dumb glitch and i need to just start over... again... The only thing that i can find as any evidence is under status then contents it says none. which is strange to me cuz there is petro getting to it.... so much confusion.

ps not sure what you mean by provide the save?

20191014211308_1.jpg

20191014211302_1.jpg

20191014211249_1.jpg

20191014213854_1.jpg

Edited by BFG

Share this comment

The polymer press normally has only one gas output. You clearly are using a mod (probably Piped Outputs). If you encounter bugs with mods enabled, don't report them.

Btw, on the first picture there is a second gas output. It's almost completely black. I assume that's for CO2. Try connecting it with a vent.

Share this comment

Ok I found the problem. 
I didnt even remember installing the mod piped outputs. I honestly thought it was an update they did.... silly me. Thanks for the help. 

Share this comment

It obvious you did not noticed the near black CO²-output. Normaly the mod let the machines run, even if not output is connected. For example the coal generator works fine without pipes. But the press is designed to have an CO² output as a requirement. It wont release the gas into the enviroment direclty. So, not pipe, no work. Maybe the color is a bit too dark, and i´ve missed the ports myself several times, because of this.

So, you are not stupid, and not blind ^^

Share this comment