Pitcher Pump Operation Failure

crypticorb
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

I just started using the pitcher pump for a rather unique purpose: skimming petroleum. When first entering the oil biome, typically there's a lot of sour gas and petroleum floating around, this time also with some pH2O on top due to a biome breach from a POI. I'm a bit of a visual perfectionist, and I greatly disliked having pH2O and petroleum mixed in with my crude oil source. This is where the bug came in.

When multiple types of liquid are available to a pitcher pumps straws underneath in the 2x5 area, it displays this in the tooltip. The issue here is when a dupe tries to take only one of the elements available, they get stuck in a loop of pumping for about 5 seconds, sometimes much longer, then give up. The petroleum tiles underneath are not depleted, the dupes receive no petroleum.

Here's a video of it in action:

Bollywood Space Force.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Mix liquids, attempt to pump them off using pitcher pump.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Changed Status to Known Issue

Changed Redmine to https://redmine.klei.com/issues/4357

Oh weird. Thanks for the repro!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I am having this same issue with water and p.water.  I wanted to use slush geyser water to cool down water on top of it only to find that the pitcher pump will not work with water on top of p.water.  Neither gets pumped.

Share this comment