Pipe and Gas Bridges make them flow

mazeking
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi guys.
Since you pumped a liquid or a gas in a round system system which have a gas bridge if it's for gases or liquid bridge for liquids your materials would flow inside without pumping. From building to the bridge and back.

You could even destroy a gas or liquid pump but materials would still circulate.
And yes a gas/liquid shutoff and gas/liquid vents does the same.

In a normal system liquids or gases needs some sort of electrical or manual pump to work.

It's old bug need to be balanced. Cause now plastic liquid/gas pump not so usefull how should be if it would be worked normal.

03.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Building a round system with a bridge. Pump a material inside. Destroy the pump.

User Feedback

Well. And i'm sure that it's a bug, not a design solution.
Cause you could build a lot of pipes around your base pumped all the liquid and gases in them and just destroyed every pump and valve. And all the system would work without any energy or temperature increase.
Cause if pipes a long enough and you build them with a good scheme you even don't need any sorts of automation. You could even kills germs inside of pipes.
Well you still needs a vent to prepare food, but thats all.

Share this comment

And what about buildings that have liquid output? They won't flow because there is no pump?

Currently, all output (green) can push into any connected input (white), this simplified logic that need to be handled for each tick. It is not realistic, but I believed they decide this with performance and extensibility in mind. Making something in the future that involving piped liquid, just put input/output in them and they will behave like the others without any extra piece of code.

Share this comment

If you mean Natural Gas Gen
it's reactions

CH4 + 2O2 = CO2 + 2H2O with complete combustion of pure material
+ N2 + O2 if material wasn't clean
and + CO + H + C if the material has not burnt out completely

So I think that this item also works incorrectly. Because should allocate steam, not dirty water.
And must work only in O2 atmosphere. Like other generators based on combustion of the material.
Cause you know. Science. =)
So if this water is actual steam it's just condensate near the Gen from time to time. Still doesn't understand why it's dirty. But ok let's think that material has not burnt out completely.

Also I think it's strange that such an advanced things like Gens does not have an exhaust pipe. In contrast to the previously studied water toilet.
And i think that if water toilet was builded without output pipes it's still should work but emits dirty water directly on floor. )
And all this stuff where output pipes wasn't connected must work the same way. But so far this does not affect the balance very much. So it's just my opinion that this should be more fun. =)

As for the complexity of calculations and code. The current mechanics can be completly transferred to a new explored object such as a pump that is slightly supplied with electricity to operate. And the bridges from the pipes are just counted as ordinary pipes.

Share this comment