Pip won't seem to plant... anything.

WanderingKid
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Wanted to test what a pip would actually try to plant, and not plant.  Setup a nice area to test it, figured I'd start with mealwood.  Even after sticking them in boxes (which the pips are perfectly happy to rummage) they won't attempt to plant the mealwood.  So, I tried with acorns, figuring hey, if they'd work with anything.. also no go.

The upper area of the sandbox is the 1 line test.  Down below, there's a ranch and a non-ranch area for acorns and pips.  None of them seem to be digging them up the way I'd expect.  Attached a save file for reference.

Sandbox 1.0 - Planting Choices.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Open Save file. Watch pips not plant. Remain confused.

User Feedback

Since theres no image and im not ingame, did you put oxygen/co2 inthere and the temperature is "normal"?

Share this comment

I'm experiencing the same issue, I have an area, in my case set up as "Natural reserve" where I expected pips to plant trees but a lot of cycles and no luck (more than 200 cycles...). Conditions are favorable (temperature, etc.)... some pips are wild, some others are not, and there's a lot of seeds in the ground which has several free tiles of different kind... pips just don't plant anything. This happens in this "Natural reserve" and in other "wild" places... seeds around, different kind of tiles, no new plants. They only plant in free farm tiles in my case. (Preview branch, windows).

Edited by Orion42

Share this comment

I've been trying to get pips to plant wild stuff until i'm ready to domesticate the plants. They just don't seem to do so, and i've been starting to wonder if the behavior was ditched last second.

Share this comment

I've been watching my Pips not plant anything for about 40 cycles.

In an attempt to break their behavior, I tried removing all of the seeds, and then returning them and re-capturing the pips.

The pips were spawned by pip eggs from the printing pod, captured as pipsqueaks, and placed in the room I had mostly natural wall and floor tiles in. There was a nature preserve sign in the room as well as a storage bin set to priority 5 for thimble reeds, and a critter drop-off set for pipsqueaks. The critter drop-off was removed when it was no longer relevant.

I've attached the sav file, the preview png, both log files, and my DxDiag. Please let me know if there is additional information I can provide.

The Besieged Pigpen.png

The Besieged Pigpen.sav Player.log Player-prev.log DxDiag.txt

Share this comment