Persisting Issue: Pipe Bridge will not deconstruct

Izzy248
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So Ive posted this bug numerous times before during different builds and updates of the game but still havent gotten a response from the devs, nor have seen the issue disappear just yet (sorry if that sounds condescending or that Im irate. Im not Im just pointing it out). The issue is pertains to the Pipe Bridge specifically, as this is the only object that I keep running into this with and it happens every.single.time. Which is why Im always hesistant to make a Pipe Bridge, and if I do, Im very careful where I place it as Ill want to put it in a place where Im sure it will remain for the remainder of the build because of the issue. So basically what the bug is, is:

After building the Pipe Bridge, if I try to deconstruct it, it will not disappear. The object is not functionally there anymore and I can build other things in its place. But the object physically looks to still be there. Ive even tried deconstructing every single thing in the place where the Pipe Bridge is to get rid of it, but the object is still there. Not physically, because I guess the game still registers it as successfully deconstructed and gone, but the object looks like it is still occupying that space. Which gets a little irksome...aesthetically, and because it confuses me when doing layouts of my base.

Bonus:

A similar issue occurred, with a tile in my most recent playthrough and it looks like reality itself has cracked. What actually happened is my Dupes dug out a cracked tile (the kind that usually means something is hiding inside the tile), and after they dug out the tile the cracked look within the tile still remained in the space.

P.S for those who are going to say did you try exiting out the game and loading it back up or going to a previous save. Yes, yes I have tried. The objects still occupy the space. Days after playing the game. And no matter how many times I restart the game. The only way to get rid of them is to load back to a Cycle before I made the Bridge Pipe in the first place.

ONI Liquid Bridge Pipe.png

oni cracked reaility.png

Steps to Reproduce
Make Bridge Pipe Attempt to Deconstruct it

User Feedback

I have seen the same thing happen with automation wire - even before it is built (the to-be built outline won't go away).  My only recourse was to load a previous save.

Share this comment

Are you trying to deconstruct the bridge using the deconstruct tool? I have noticed that the tool does not always work for all bridges; you need to specifically select the bridge and click on the deconstruct button at the bottom of the object’s window.

Share this comment

On 10/1/2018 at 2:07 AM, Misca said:

I have seen the same thing happen with automation wire - even before it is built (the to-be built outline won't go away).  My only recourse was to load a previous save.

That was basically what I did to get rid of it. And I only made this Bridge as a test in the latest build to see if it was still occurring. But if you are deep into the game and want to deconstruct it at that point thats no longer an option really...

On 10/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, yoakenashi said:

Are you trying to deconstruct the bridge using the deconstruct tool? I have noticed that the tool does not always work for all bridges; you need to specifically select the bridge and click on the deconstruct button at the bottom of the object’s window.

Yes, and maybe that is the case. But it seems very odd that that is happening. In the photo it only shows me trying to deconstruct the bridge to no avail. But moments after this I attempted to deconstruct EVERYTHING in the area around it to get rid of it. Still nothing. Everything was deconstructed but the bridge. I tried attaching pipes to each other to see if it still registered as it being there, nothing. It didnt read it as there. Tried building a new bridge over it and it happened...Not sure whats causing this

My only thoughts on what could be causing the confusing in the programming is something funny with the Z-axis. I dont know how theyve programmed the bridges specifically, but maybe if it has to do with where the object is layered on the screen then its having difficulty reading it sometimes since the bridge is on the same Z-axis as the pipes, but at the same time can be over the pipes.

Edited by Izzy248

Share this comment