Park requirements unclear?

Weyred
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I noticed a couple of wild plants by my grill and decided to see if I could make my first park. I expected I might need to relocate my grill, but to my surprise it actually complained about there not being enough plants. Is the Briar not a plant? The Mealwood? Or is the grill the problem and the tooltip is misleading me?

not-a-park.thumb.jpg.f2b3fba301e28dc8421aafdcc85cbddf.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a small room around a Briar, Mealwood, Park Sign, and Electric Grill. Check the tooltip.

User Feedback

It must be counting plants incorrectly. I just tried with 2 * oxyFerns and 5 * Mirth Leaves. It says 0 plants in that room despite having those 7 wild plants.

Share this comment

Replacing the Briar with another Mealwood did make the room a park. It just isn't clear from the descriptions that Briar isn't a wild plant.

Now I have a small park with a grill. This pleases me.

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, Uani_Play said:

how did u even get ur game to work :o

Duct tape. I fixes all issues where something is falling apart :p

5 minutes ago, Weyred said:

Replacing the Briar with another Mealwood did make the room a park. It just isn't clear from the descriptions that Briar isn't a wild plant.

But why isn't it using all wild plants? If it doesn't count OxyFerns and Mirth Leaves, then it's very confusing. It's not even just about which plants can be used and which can't, the other obvious question is why are a bunch of plants excluded?

Share this comment

42 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

But why isn't it using all wild plants? If it doesn't count OxyFerns and Mirth Leaves, then it's very confusing. It's not even just about which plants can be used and which can't, the other obvious question is why are a bunch of plants excluded?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure the Park requirements will become clear as we progress toward launch.

Edited by Weyred

Share this comment