Over-heating Heat Deletion is Bugged

The Flying Fox
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Edit:  Still bugged for bugged for 288927 which introduced even higher temperature materials and the ability to make buildings out of raw ore with the new refined materials.

See this thread:

Apparently, the code that actively deletes heat around an over-heating building resets to the building's base over-heating temperature -after- reloading the game/save.  Not the building's boosted over-heating temperature from the material it's built from.

BuggyAETN2.thumb.jpg.a54898dae056681ca7318aaf58b8ee37.jpg

Lab7.sav

Steps to Reproduce
This works for at least the AETN, but have it actively near it's over-heat temperature so the code is deleting heat around it then, upon save/quit/reload it immediately reduces the temp around it and the AETN to 75C, then stays that way as you run the game. This happens on any building producing heat.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

After a little searching of the forums, I've found another post that shows off the heat clamping temperature being set to the AETN's base over-heating temperature, instead of it's 125C temperature from being made out of Iron.

Share this comment

This shows up in two other threads as well. It's been around since before May 4.  

The first one I found (below) does not have many words with it.  It does have a video attached, but never got noticed. Kabrute did notice it and commented on it.

The second is one I put up today. 

Share this comment

Devs,

With the new 288927 hot-fix and now that buildings can possibly reach +900C temperatures using the better materials.  They will still revert back to their base over-heat temperature and delete heat around the building at that temperature.  Like 75C for a battery even though you've made it out of Thermite.

• Haha 1

Share this comment

I think this is fixed now and you should see it when the next update after this message gets pushed out. Thanks for reporting it narrowing down the repro case!

• Thanks 2

Share this comment