output_log.txt growing without bounds

Gurgel
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Dupe

I just hat to find and remove am 88GB sized ouput_log.txt because it filled up my C: drive. Apparently there is no mechanism to restrict its size. As it resides in a hidden folder, some people may find it difficult to find it.

I still have the file if you want it, but attaching 88GB here seems a bit much. Should compress well, though.

Steps to Reproduce
No idea, I just let the game run. It did crash overnight though.

User Feedback

Question: You do have, by any chance, enabled file protection for this (sub)folder? If so, the game will delete the file, and Windows is just replacing it with a shadow-copy, resulting in a bigger and bigger file every time.

Share this comment

I have turned on nothing. In fact, I was not even aware this folder existed until my disk was full. Also, after a few more crashed (this game crashes wayyy too often now), the log file is 0kb, so I guess that is probably not it.

Just to be sure, where can I check this setting? 

Edited by Gurgel

Share this comment

My guess is that this is a side effect of the other bugs you've reported on the preview branch, which when triggered, print many, many logs. I will close this for now and feel free to reopen once those bugs are fixed 

Share this comment

6 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

My guess is that this is a side effect of the other bugs you've reported on the preview branch, which when triggered, print many, many logs. I will close this for now and feel free to reopen once those bugs are fixed.

Well, possibly. It looks now like the issues with my game are all related. I will file a new bug if this happens again after the other things are fixed.

Share this comment