I have a suggestion how we can greatly improve user experience when creating new game:
1. We press - start game (selected planet where we want to start)
2. World generation begins as async in background thread
3. We instantly show to the user Duplicants creation screen.
4. Once player is done making Duplicants the world most likely would be already generated, so user won't have to wait additional time for world generation.
1. Embark button is Disabled until world generation is completed.
2. Once generation is completed - we enable embark button (can also add animation to it like small sparkle).
3. If world failed to generate (which should not happen in most cases), we provide user popup notification about it and propose him to generate new world.
described at top ^
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now